Welcome to Unsworth Group Practice
Our Online Consult service gives you access to round the clock medical guidance – allowing you to check symptoms, receive medical advice and contact the surgery 24-7 through our online portal.
You will gain access to a wealth of medical information including articles and videos.
By filling in a simple health enquiry form you will be able to read information on how to treat your symptoms and what to do next.
The form will then come through to the surgery and we’ll review the information provided.
Current CQC Practice rating
The surgery is following strict social distancing rules for both staff and patients. It is requested that anyone who attends the surgery premises for any reason, must wear a face covering whilst on the premises, this is to protect both our patients and our staff.
You can follow this link to read Government advice on how to wear and make your own face coverings
We thank you for you co-operation.
BLACKROD SURGERY PATIENTS
The partners wish to reassure all patients that we are still providing a full service to our Blackrod community:
- The telephone system is set to divert all incoming telephone calls through to the Westhoughton site to ensure Blackrod patients have full access to GP/Nurse telephone consultations.
- Our staff are taking prescription requests over the telephone for any of our patients who are unable to access/use the online services with a dedicated line for our elderly or housebound patients and we have a re-direction in place for post to be delivered to the Westhoughton site so any patients who use this method for ordering their medication can still use this service.
- We have started to introduce more routine face to face chronic disease reviews and blood tests and if patients are unable to attend the surgery our nursing team and the visiting clinician are still providing home visits and have done so throughout the pandemic. Should a GP feel that a patient needs to be seen and is unable to attend the surgery they will be offered a home visit.
- We have also been offering face to face appointments at the Westhoughton branch for any patients a GP feels they are unable to treat safely over the telephone.
The partners feel that due to (a) the nature of the layout of the waiting room, (b) other site users not having a designated reception and (c) that we cannot section the ‘red’ / ‘green’ zones, that we are unable to provide an adequately safe site for both patients and staff at the Blackrod branch at this time. We are currently undergoing assessments of possible safety measures we could implement and a timeline to re-utilise the Blackrod site again is being discussed on an ongoing basis.
Letters requesting people to shield have been sent either directly from NHS England or more recently, from the GP surgery on advice of NHS England.
These letters have been sent to patients with a variety of underlying health conditions which may make patients significantly more at risk of complications related to COVID-19.
Identifying patients is, unfortunately, not an exact science and there may be some inclusions or exclusions of patients from this list. But please be assured that we are doing all we can to identify our most at risk patients to help them stay as safe as possible.
Shielding at this time is for your own personal protection. It is your choice as to whether you follow this guidance. Should you choose to shield, this letter can be used for evidence for your employer and support from the Government.
Please consult the Government website using this link for further detailed information relating to shielding.
Thank you for your understanding at this concerning time
Stay at home – Protect the NHS – Save lives
To reduce the spread of COVID-19 and to maintain the provision of safe healthcare for patients and staff,
there will be NO access to the surgery building
We continue to operate behind closed doors
IMPORTANT - IF YOU ARE ABLE TO CHECK YOUR CONTACT DETAILS PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT WE HAVE YOUR MOST CURRENT MOBILE TELEPHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDRESS - THIS WILL HELP US IMMENSELY WHEN WE NEED TO GET IN TOUCH AT THIS MOST CRUCIAL OF TIMES
ALL APPOINTMENTS are now TELEPHONE APPOINTMENTS
Online appointments have been suspended until further notice
If you would like to book a new appointment please ring the surgery:
Westhoughton – 01942 812525 Blackrod – 01204 697229
Please do not attend the surgery unless you have been advised to do so
The doctors are urging patients to utilise the online service to request ALL medication
You can register for online services by clicking here- Systmonline
(after following the link, please click on the box - Request access to the online service with Unsworth group Practice)
- We no longer require Photographic ID (at this critical time)
- You will receive an email or text message with a user name and password
- We urge you to then nominate a pharmacy you wish us to send your prescription to once ordered
- Then order your prescription - You will not be able to attend the surgery to collect any paper prescriptions
ALTERNATIVELY: You could download the NHS App to REGISTER AND ORDER your medication.
If you have any difficulty, please contact the administrative team for support: -01942 812525
Other ways to order (but these may take longer)
- Ring the surgery number (however our phone lines will be VERY busy)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Useful website for coronavirus advice: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Useful link: Self Isolation
Please protect yourself and others
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT & CO-OPERATION DURING THIS PANDEMIC
(Site updated 09/07/2020)